Monday, November 1, 2010

Fireworks!

Our plans to create the most monstrous of Halloween cakes didn't quite happen, but my 4 year old son and I did manage to create a beautiful round sponge cake (albeit green!) ready to decorate today.  Halloween is so yesterday so we opted for the variation on the Fireworks Box Cake I'd promised we'd do.  Orange icing was still the order of the day (as my son had set his heart on it!) so we worked around this.


We found some jelly diamonds to create the fireworks on the box.  I wrote across the cake (battling with some very stubborn writing fudge icing!) and then Harvey was free to decorate with sugar stars and edible glitter!


 He did such a good job and it was so lovely for me to be able to recreate this cake with my family.  Cutting it will be interesting, and fishing out the buttercream coated sweets will be a challenge but that's all part of the fun!  We've been used to eating fairy cakes with black and green icing this week, due to various Halloween creations, so anything currently goes in this house!

1 comment: