Saturday, February 12, 2011

Some cakes are just special.....


I was asked to make a cake for a good friend of mine's mum's wedding.  To be asked was an honour, and to make a cake (with such an incredible brief!) for a woman who I have great respect and fondness for was a privilege.  I was so saddened, recently, to hear that she is very unwell and things are not looking well for the future.  To be contributing to her special day, particularly with this context, is quite overwhelming.  

The brief was "a bright rainbow with their names underneath".  A rainbow is often used on children's cakes, so I wanted to make sure that this was bright, but sophisticated.  I really hope they like their surprise cake.  I loved making it.  Though the future may be shorter than they might have anticipated, I am sure it will be filled with love, happiness and life. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment