Friday, July 22, 2011

An Eclair to Remember...


I was asked by my partner in Afternoon Tea crime, (Yorkshire Teas), if I could make mini chocolate eclairs.  "Yes!" was my immediate response, hastily followed but lots of reference to books and the internet to work out whether I actually could!  I've been keen to develop my skills further, and there's nothing like a deadline to get you working!  I opted for a traditional recipe from the Be-Ro which has straightforward instructions and I always tend to opt for the more traditional recipes.
You make the pastry batter in a completely different way - so if you're pastry - adverse it's a great one to try!


 And of course you get to smother the finished puffs of choux pastry with chocolate and fill them with cream!  I loved making these.  I'm always amazed that from the most basic ingredients you can create something incredible!  Perfect for a dainty (and delicious) Afternoon Tea!



No comments:

Post a Comment